While we are a fellowship primarily serving those working in healthcare in Boston, we understand that part of God's calling for the whole church is to make disciples and bring whole-person healing among all ethnic groups (see Matthew 28:18-20). To that end, we want to participate in God's global mission by using our gifts and training in various healthcare fields to serve people across the world, often in partnership with local churches or mission/service organizations.
Below you will find a few different ways to be involved, mostly through short term mission trips (though BHF, CMDA, or local churches). We are always looking for more ways to participate more fully in what God is doing across the globe, so please feel free to suggestion new opportunities you'd like listed here. We value your prayers as we move forward in obedience to the Great Commandments and the Great Commission. Join us!
Short-Term Trips in 2016
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia — October, 2016
CityLife Presbyterian Church in Boston annually sends a medical missions trip to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and is currently in critical need of healthcare professionals (trainees welcome too) for one or two weeks in October. In addition to seeing patients, team members will help in launching a mobile based telemedicine platform to be used in the community. Dates and details are forthcoming. Would you prayerfully consider going? For more info and exact trip dates, check out the trip website. For questions, contact Daniel Paik (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jon Cahill (email@example.com).
Global and Local Organizations
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL MISSIONS/SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS
Some sites list short-term medical missions trips. Check out "Medical Missions" Personal Snapshot (below) to search according to your profession and interests. Consider attending Urbana (if you're a student) or the Global Missions Health Conference.
- Medical Missions:
- Click here for a Personal Snapshot based on your profession and interests.
- Check out the 2016 Global Missions Health Conference, the world's largest gathering of medical missions professionals and students in Louisville, KY, Nov 10-12, 2016.
- Urbana 15 — the largest student missions conference in North America, has listed all of their exhibitors. Browse through to find a good fit for you and your calling.
- Park Street Church — has an extensive missions program. Some short term trips listed online; contact them directly for more info and other trips.
- CMDA: CMDA's Center for Medical Missions is the missions arm of CMDA and includes the four programs listed below. Click here to see an updated list of their extensive missions offerings throughout the year, often especially focused on students (spring break and summer trips). CMDA's CMM includes following programs:
- Blessings International: Medicines for Mission
- Christian Health Service Corps
- Christian Community Health Fellowship / CCDA
- World Medical Mission / Samaritan's Purse
- Children of China Pediatrics Foundation — Click here for a flyer; here for a short video
- Mission to the World / PCA
Local Service Opportunities
- Rosie's Place — A sanctuary for poor and homeless women
- Greater Boston Rescue Mission Refugee Ministry — Email Paul.Martindale@verizon.net for more info on medical involvement
- Healthcare for the Homeless
- Park Street Church's Thursday Night Outreach (Homeless ministry) — Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on medical involvement
We have other personal connections to trips in Zimbabwe (eye surgery, students and residents welcome), Rwanda, Ethiopia, the Middle East, and elsewhere. Email email@example.com for more information on these, or to suggest new opportunities to serve.